Wednesday, November 3, 2010

EOC Stolen Valor

is stolen valor free speech or not? look up articles and my opinion as an hr management to fire or what?

Some job applicants go too far when they lie about their military awards, and claiming medals for heroism that they did not earn. Stolen Valor in human resources can create a huge legal issue for both the hiring company and the job applicant. Most companies have to follow hiring procedures when looking for potential employee’s, when an applicant lies on the application this puts them less qualified for the position when it comes to experience.
If I were in a position to hire an applicant and I found out they had lied on the application, I would follow the company procedures as far as termination or the next steps. I would not judge them so much on Stolen Valor but the fact that they lied at all is unacceptable.Why would a company want to keep an employee who is not trust worthy? The applicants that could potentially be more suitable for the job have now been over looked because of the fraud.
I dis like this because they are liars. I agree with the Stolen Valor Act that makes it a Federal offense to lie about being a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment