Wednesday, December 8, 2010

EOC: Up in the Air

In his business, he has to fire a new person everyday and it’s not as easy as it seems. He does a great job of firing employees who do not meet their expectations or do not fulfill their job duties. Today you risk lawsuits for firing an employee the wrong way. To avoid this problem, you must follow the right steps when firing someone. Before he fires an employee, he prepares both verbal speeches and written packets of information. He manages the situation quite well with being patient and not taking the employee’s verbal or physical abuse personally.
If I were in his position it would take me awhile to build up as much patients as he had for the job. On the other hand it is just a job and I shouldn’t take what the people are saying or doing personally either. I guess if you learn how to fire someone the right way, I will find the process should go more smoothly and hopefully I will rarely see backlash from disgruntled ex-employees. It’s important since I must protect myself as well as my business against potentially costly court battles. When firing an employee the goal is a peaceful resolution and I would try my best to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment